Position: Front Office Agent
Responsible for the operational efficiency of the Reception areas during shift and the service delivery of those areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
· Greets and ensures that all guests are assisted at all times in a friendly and helpful manner and attempts to learn and use guest’s name at every opportunity.
· Registers and rooms all arrivals according to established procedures.
· Performs check in, check out and room change procedures and ensures all data are entered completely into the Hotel system.
· Maintains cashier float and ensures accurate daily report of all money received.
· Cashes Hotel guest’s travelers checks and assists with currency exchange.
· Keeps abreast of all modifications to accounting policies and procedures.
· Is responsible in attending to guest’s request of using the service of the safety deposit box at all times.
· Is knowledgeable of all special promotion procedures.
· Attends to guest’s complaints, inquiries and requests, and refers problems to his/her superior if he/she is unable to assist.
· Does everything possible to ensure that the guests depart the Hotel with a positive impression of the Hotel services.
· Performs audit balances and prepares all works for audit in an orderly fashion.
· Maintains comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures including correct forms to use, how to read fax, email, messages, and how to interpret availability sources within the Reservations system.
· Maintains exemplary departmental standards of behavior and apperance and attitude at all times.
· Takes personal interest and pride to ensure that the Reception desk work areas ares are kept clean and in orderly state at all times.
· Is fully aware of the credit policy.
· Has full knowledge of Solaire Manila standards.
· Ensures guest receives prompt attention and request will be fullfilled immediately.
· Ensures guest satisfaction during his/her shift.
· Maintains a neat and tidy appearance at all times.
• Handles Reception operations during assigned shift including:
· Maintenance of guest information
· Maintenance of information about local events
· Compilation of occupancy statistics
· Supervision of group bookings
· Assistance with complaints
• Handles cashiering activities during assigned shift including:
· Cash handling and banking procedures
· Dealing with irregular payments
· Instructing team members of credit policies and facilities
· Carry out debtor control
· Preparation of cashier reports
· Supervision of the whole cashiering system
· Accuracy of the Foreign Exchange Board
• Assumes other duties assigned by Management as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge of Hotel facilities and services
· Education, Training Qualifications: Certification holder in Hospitality Management or related disciplines
· Experience: Relevant experience of Front Office in the Hotel industry is an advantage
· Personality: Initiative, organized and detail-oriented; excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Languages: Good command of both written and spoken English; knowledge of another foreign language is an advantage
· Age: 21 to 25 years old
· Physical Requirement: Male, at least 5’ 8” in height; female, at least 5’ 4” in height