Position: Construction Manager
Company: Solar Philippines
Solar Philippines is looking for a Construction Manager who will supervise all on-site construction of solar farm projects, including scheduling subcontractors, resolving day-to-day problems on the job site, and inspecting all work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage all employees and contractors assigned to work on the construction of the Solar Farm project.
• Responsible for the daily monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is done in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements and contract requirements.
• Communicate construction issues to the contractor and escalates the same to the project manager in case of non-resolution.
• Monitor daily, and review weekly, Contractor’s schedule and project controls to ensure progress is being accurately reported. Assist Contractor, as appropriate, to maintain progress. Review Contractor’s invoices, reports, etc. and verify construction milestone completion.
• Lead daily and weekly project meetings.
• Act as liaison between various contractors in order to facilitate resolution of issues and maintain progress.
• Assist project manager in the review and approval of pay applications in accordance with the contractual terms including review and recommendation of change order approvals.
• Monitor and facilitate tie-ins, start-up and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
• Provide leadership, support and training for the on-site Solar Philippines team.
• Responsible for the Safety and Environmental compliance of Solar Philippines personnel and subcontractors on site during construction in accordance with state and local laws, and Solar Philippines policies, practices and procedures.
• Serve as Solar Philippines representative on site with land owners, customers and contractors during the construction phase.
Desired Skills and Experience
• A licensed engineer with an extensive construction background is required
• At least five (5) years experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control, and production of all phases of construction, preferably in the solar PV energy industry.
• Has background in construction contracts and familiarity with project finance
• Strong organizational and people skills
Applicants are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org.