To achieve district sales goals and contribute to region and national sales targets in terms of value and volume through the effective and efficient implementation of demand generating programs and the continuous development and training of Territory Managers in the district.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
· Monitors district sales performance on a monthly basis and designs demand generating programs to be implemented by territory managers to achieve business goals.
· Coaches territory managers on the proper implementation of core marketing and field operation programs and evaluates effectiveness in terms of generating desired results.
· Designs developmental plans for each territory manager in the district geared towards strengthening competencies, skill enhancement and maximizing potentials.
· Conducts regular fieldwork to all territory managers in the district based on the developmental plans at least 5 times a year emphasizing on the effective implementation of demand generating programs, building relationship/engaging with customers, tailor-fit business building process and competitive intelligence.
· Visits key customer in the territory or institution such as HCPs, Hospital Formulary Members and other Key Opinion Leaders on a monthly basis to strengthen engagement and ensure continuous presence with the area.
· Analyzes effectiveness of territory managers on a monthly and quarterly basis in terms of sales and KRA performances and identifies strengths to be enhanced and opportunities to be addressed to achieve desired results.
· Conducts quarterly business review to identify achievements, address business opportunities and agree on action plans to be implemented for the succeeding quarter.
· Manages and monitors promotional expense budget of the district to achieve maximum results within allowable spending.
· Conducts quarterly audit on all company resources assigned to the territory managers and demonstrates accountability for all company assets.
· Ensures highly motivated sales force within the district by creating an inclusive environment for the team. Provides either positive or constructive feedback that will sustain the engagement of the Territory Manager.
· Initiates control measures and disciplinary action (whenever necessary) so that Compliance and Company Policies are followed and implemented.
· Accurately accomplishes and submits required reports on time. Reviews report submitted by the territory managers to identify opportunities and provides timely feedback to the TM.
· Coordinates closely with Trade Sales counterparts to assess product off take in key accounts, maintain stock levels and address distribution opportunities especially for stages 1 & 2 or for newly launched product innovation.
· Participates in monthly canvass meetings, discusses demand generating programs being conducted by the district to achieve business goals and identifies solutions to business issues pertaining to the district.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Graduate of any 4-year course, preferably Science or Management courses.
· With minimum 3 years work experience as District Manager or minimum 1 year as Regional Sales Manager with a multinational-ethical Pharma or Nutritional company.
· Above average coaching and leadership skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Above average computer skills specific to excel / powerpoint/ word/outlook